“Termites cause more damage to U.S. homes each year than tornadoes, hurricanes, wind and hail storms combined.”
If you stop to think about it, those reports are startling. Unfortunately, the difference between the aforementioned weather related occurrences and termite damage is that termite damage is silent, not covered by most home insurance policies, and most importantly…preventable.
Homeowners are then faced with thousands of dollars worth of repair expenses.
There is good news. Termite and wood boring insect damage can be caught early or avoided completely when working together with a licensed inspector to safeguard the biggest investment most people make, your home.
The following are some great tips that you as a homeowner can do to help in the prevention of termite infestation. Termite.com is also a great resource for more information.
- Protect foundation by making sure all downspouts, gutters etc are diverting water away from structure.
- Keep crawl spaces free of humidity with proper ventilation.
- Do not allow soil come in contact with wood portions of structure.
- Keep firewood stored off the ground and at least 20′ from structure.
- Keep mulch away from foundation.
Our inspectors are licensed through the state of Ohio and are able to give you a through evaluation of your home and offer advice to keep pests at bay. Not only with termites but our TermiPest+ Program can help keep an additional 50+ pests outside before they enter your home.
Mention this article and receive $20 your next Epcon Lane visit.