It’s Ant Season here in Northeast Ohio!
You may have noticed with the warming trend that we are having this month that the ant populations are beginning to stir. In Ohio the most common types of house-invading ants are; carpenter ants, pavement ants, pharaoh ants, and odorous ants. The following are some great tips that you can use in cooperation with your pest management technician to help control and prevent ants indoors and out.
Ants enter buildings in search of food. Some in search of greasy foods and some prefer sweets.
- Store food in sealed containers
- Keep fruit in the refrigerator
- Resist the temptation to leave dirty dishes in the sink
- Keep counter tops clean
- Sweep and mop floors regularly
- Caulk around windows and doors
- Fix faulty screens
- Caulk gaps where pipes and wires enter the house
- Trim branches to keep them from touching structures
Mention this article and receive $20 off your next Epcon Lane visit.